March 26, 2023
In a continued effort towards expanding the Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre mural program, the Museum of Outdoor Arts is now accepting applications from Colorado based professional muralists to add seven additional wildlife themed murals to the venue in May of 2023.
Selected artists will be provided with a ground level, ready to paint, primed wall surface measuring 8ft in height by 16ft in width. Artists will each receive a $2,300 honorarium. The honorarium is inclusive of materials and selected artists must provide paint and other necessary supplies needed to create mural.
– Artists must live in Colorado.
– Artists must have images demonstrating past mural experience.
Theme, Details and Timeline
– Application deadline is March 26th!
– Selected artists will be provided with a list of Colorado flora & fauna themes to choose from to design their mural.
– Artist will provide a sketch of proposed mural. MOA may make up to two revisions.
– Once approved, artist must create mural during the month of May.
– Artist will also paint three provided terra cotta pots to be sold for the benefit of MOA education programs. Pots will be sold at the below Open House event and can be painted in any style.
– MOA will host a venue Open House, mural reveal and artist reception celebration on June 2nd from 3:00-8:00pm.
– A single PDF file including the following items will be required for upload as part of the application process: Resume or CV, artist statement, up to 10 but no fewer than 3 images that best represent your past mural work.
The mural program at Fiddler’s Green kicked off in 2020 in the midst of the global pandemic. Several murals were created that year on the property. In 2022, the Museum of Outdoor Arts, in collaboration with artist, AJ Davis, continued to curate a group of eight Colorado based artists to create nine new wildlife themed murals for MOA’s Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre. These nine murals add to the existing murals already located at the venue. Murals are curated with a theme of Colorado nature and wildlife, many of these creatures can be seen on the Fiddler’s Green property throughout the various seasons. Each year over 250,000 visitors pass through Fiddler’s Green and our mural program adds to the vibrant visual arts presence in and around the venue.